We want to work with you.
OneCert is looking for qualified individuals to join our team in the USA.
Organic Certification Specialist – Crops
Job Description: A Certification Specialist reviews applications and inspection reports of new applicants and continuing operations for certification as an organic crop producer. This includes but is not limited to review of seed, field history, fertility practices and inputs, weed control practices, production methods, inputs, pest control plans, and audit trail documentation for compliance to the USDA National Organic Program regulations and applicable international requirements. The specialist will also gather information by phone, email, and reference materials. Communication about decisions is by formal letters and notices. There may also be opportunities to observe and conduct organic inspections.
Location: Lincoln, Nebraska office (remote working arrangement may be possible for an experienced applicant).
Required Qualifications: B.S. or B.A. degree or higher and/or comparable experience in related fields such as agriculture, natural resources, or similar.
- Experience with organic regulations.
- Competency with email, word processing, spreadsheets, databases, and other computer applications.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a team of reviewers/inspectors.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Exceptional communication and writing skills.
- Excellent spelling and grammar skills.
- Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to logically solve problems under pressure.
- Ability to work with people of various cultural backgrounds and languages.
- Ability to multitask in a busy environment.
- Eligible to work in the United States.
Salary: Commensurate with experience. Benefits include paid time off, company-paid health insurance, and Simple IRA with company match.
OneCert has a strict non-smoking policy.
To apply: Submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com