Organic Certification Specialist – Processing and Handling
A Certification Specialist reviews applications and inspection reports of new applicants and continuing operations for certification as an organic product handler, processor, trader, or retailer. This includes but is not limited to review of labels, product formulations, ingredient suppliers, food additives, production methods, equipment sanitation procedures, facility pest control plans, and audit trail documentation for compliance to the USDA National Organic Program regulations and applicable international requirements. The specialist will also gather information by phone, email, and reference materials. Communication about decisions is by formal letters and notices. Certification Specialists will also observe and conduct organic inspections.
This position takes about a year to fully master, so only apply if you are making a multi-year commitment.
Lincoln, Nebraska office (remote working arrangement may be possible for an experienced applicant).
B.S. or B.A. degree or higher and/or comparable experience in related fields such as food science, food technology, food processing, quality assurance, or similar.
- Experience with organic regulations.
- Competency with email, word processing, spreadsheets, databases, and other computer applications.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a team of reviewers/inspectors.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Exceptional communication and writing skills.
- Excellent spelling and grammar skills.
- Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to logically solve problems under pressure.
- Ability to work with people of various cultural backgrounds and languages.
- Ability to multi-task in a busy environment.
- Experience conducting organic inspections.
Commensurate with experience. Benefits include paid time off, health insurance, and Simple IRA with company match.
OneCert has a strict non-smoking policy.
Submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com